Design a suitcase for the next generation travelerSamsonite, the world leader in luggage products, and Achilles Design worked together on this innovation project. This collaboration boosted the company's continuous research of conceptual product solutions for the next generation traveler. Together we further developed and styled this new design, resulting in the Ibon suitcase.
The Ibon is the end result of a forward- thinking design effort between Samsonite and Achilles Design with a strong focus on usability and convenience. The suitcase is a newtype of luggage designed from the inside out, and built around stacks of clothing. It is tailored to the trend of slow travel, where the journey is just as important as the destination.
Suitcase with first-of-its-kind featuresThe biggest and most distinctive features of Ibon are the transversal split and the central one-point closure system. These two features result in a fast and easy access while traveling. With numerous first-of-its-kind features, the Ibon creates new packing and travel routines:
- The transversal split is a true space saver when opening the suitcase and doesn’t compromise on interior capacity. The telescopic handle is integrated in the hinge, and is not in the way when packing.
- The central one-point closure system allows for fast and easy access, moving away from multiple latches and long zipper paths. The built-in TSA lock features a latching mechanism to close the suitcase in one swift motion.
- The patented interior compression system ensures a secure luggage retention on both sides of the suitcase. It also creates additional packing capacity, compared to traditional systems.
- The central interior carry handle offers mobility during packing, allowing you to carry the opened suitcase from one room to the other, even through narrow doorways.
- Dual handles on the corners and sides allow for ergonomic movement of the suitcase: walking up or down the stairs, lifting into a car boot, opening and closing.