Why use this method?
How to get started with this method?
- Create a physical or digital space to map out your ideas.
- Create a physical or digital template for the phrase used in the method.
- Use the perspective of the consumer and try to come up with as many statements as possible for the first part of the total expression.
- Keep track of the data used to come up with them and make sure it is somehow traceable to each statement. If no data is used, ensure that team members are made aware the statement is an assumption.
- If necessary, validate assumed needs through adequate research methods.
- Organize a review to filter out and select the most relevant statements. Ensure that both the voice of the user and the company leadership are adequately represented when doing this.
- Enrich the selected statements with the second part of the total expression.
- When statements are complete, translate the rather technical expressions to better suit the needs of follow-up activities, such as design sprints or market research.
In need of some help for getting user needs right? Get in touch with our experts!